Saturday, July 19, 2008

2 cm. and Counting

We had another doctor's appointment on Thursday and Jody has progressed to 2 cm. and is 50% effaced (softened). What does all that mean? To paraphrase Malibu Stacey, "Don't Ask Me, I'm Just the Father!" But, she did say that considering that we are still three weeks from the due date, it may signal an early arrival. May! Meanwhile, Jody and I are trying to get our lives in order and get the nursery put together. Last weekend we hung blinds and I finished painting my much ballyhooed Dresser. As an aside, this may be the first time I've ever used the term ballyhooed. Awesome!

We went over to Lou and Susan Good's house last night for a swim party. You know you've reached a turning point in your life when the parties that you go to on a Friday night start at 5:30, end at 7:30 and involve crying over whose turn it is to swing in the porch swing. My kind of parties are the ones that start at 7:30 and end at 5:30. Obviously they've got their priorities screwed up. Coincidentally, I often cried at parties when the booze ran out, so I can't be too critical.

We'll update you again soon. In the meantime, pray for some cooler weather so that Jody is more comfortable.

No comments: